Students are expected to log into their e-learning course five days per week. Please submit your work weekly. Regular log-ins, timely submission of work and ongoing communication with your teacher are essential. Students who do not meet these requirements may be withdrawn. If you are absent, advise your teacher. See the Contact Us page for call-in numbers.
Cell phones: Place phones on vibration mode when in the school.
Dress: Students are encouraged to be neat and tidy at all times. Attire should be in keeping with the atmosphere of a Catholic school setting.
Lockdown, Secure School and Fire Drills: From time-to-time, these drills will take place in the school. Teachers will explain these drills to the students.
Parking: Designated student parking is available on site.
Smoking: There is no smoking on school property.
Exam Room: Exam locations should be confirmed in advance. Contact your teacher.
Student Lounge: There is a student lounge at the Admiral campus.
Breakfast: We are grateful to the Ottawa Network for Education for supplying us with this service.
Food and Clothing Cupboards: Each campus has an emergency food and clothes cupboard. Please see Student Services for hours of operation.
Safe Schools Policy
The Ottawa Catholic School Board (OCSB) supports the provision of a safe and orderly environment within its schools in accordance with the provisions of the Education Act, Ministry of Education policies and the provincial Code of Conduct.
- All school members will adhere to the following standards of behaviour:
- Respect and comply with all federal, provincial and municipal laws;
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity;
- Respect the differences in people, their ideas and opinions;
- Treat one another and staff with respect, fairness and dignity at all times, especially when there is disagreement;
- Respect and treat others, regardless of, for example, race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability;
- Respect the rights of others;
- Show the proper care and regard for school property and the property of others;
- Take appropriate measures to help those in need;
- Seek assistance from a member of the school staff, if necessary, to resolve conflict peacefully;
- Respect all members of the school community, especially persons in a position of authority;
- Respect the need of others to work in an environment that is conducive to learning and teaching;
- Do not swear at a teacher or at another person in a position of authority;
- Alcohol or drug use will not be tolerated at school.
The standards of behaviour as outlined in the provincial Code of Conduct apply to all members of the school community – students, parents/guardians, teachers or other staff members, volunteers and visitors. Students 18 or older are considered adults so the procedures of the Criminal Code will be followed if students are charged with a criminal offense. Video surveillance systems are installed at both campuses for the security and safety of all students and staff.
Teachers are available during class times (9:00-10:15, 10:30-11:45, 12:30-1:45) to support students in their course work. Students are encouraged to discuss their progress with their teacher on a regular basis.
|9:00 – 10:15 am||Available in class|
|10:15 – 10:30 am||Morning break|
|10:30 – 11:45 am||Available in class|
|11:45 am – 12:30 pm||Lunch|
|12:30 – 1:45 pm||Available in class|
|1:45 – 3:00 pm||Teacher planning block|